AFIN not only has a grand network of architectural film installers, but AFIN also monitors the industry nationally. We’re able to assure that business ethics are followed by its members. In return, our consumers can count on the professionalism of our AFIN Certified Installers
Key Benefits of being an AFIN member include:
- Price advantages on film products
AFIN offers tools and film at reduced and bulk prices to our members. This will result in reduced cost on tools and inexpensive consumable items.
- Project installation referral
AFIN works with the architectural and design community to get AFIN’s products noticed and seen, which increases familiarity in the overall market. In return, making the certification more valuable. AFIN also contacts local installers to work on installations when granted a project.
- Professional certification to increase your credibility in the marketplace and with employers
AFIN pioneers installation techniques, pushes material capabilities, and continuously does R&D work to keep our installers up with current trends. AFIN has created and will continue to maintain our AIA accreditation course for film and film installation. Both will be offered online and in classroom setting. This allows installers to understand and reciprocate architect and designer dialect, which will help sell the services and product much easier.
- Find additional certified installers when needed
If there is a job that is too large for your company or a customer has a project that cannot be completed, AFIN offers a solution. Through AFIN, members have the opportunity to contract other local and national members to help complete the project successfully.
- Ability to buy services through AFIN such as insurance and project bonding
AFIN offers its members affordable group rates on insurance, bonding and other hard to get business necessities that keep you from working on bigger jobs.
- Exclusive Film Installer Manual
AFIN’s manual is a compilation of the best up-to-date techniques and procedures for many of the conditions installers will face in the field. This will be a valuable resource as many installers continue to grow their businesses and face different challenges during the install.
- Network discussion boards to discuss difficult or challenging installation with other members
These discussion boards will allow installers to communicate freely about different scenarios that they’ve faced in the field and how others overcame the same obstacles.
- Quarterly contests for several categories of film installation
Awards will be given out for new techniques, best installation, most creative installation or design, most square foot consumed and many more.
- AFIN actively markets to the largest corporations to create installation opportunities nationwide for AFIN members.
AFIN Film Installer Network Membership
- All installers must maintain $295/year Membership to Architectural Film Installer Network (AFIN) ($249 with automated payments on January 1 of each year)
- Code of Conduct
- Agreement with Terms and Conditions
Architectural Film Installation Training
- $1500 for basic, 3-day training which will certify for flat surface walls & ceilings
- $2500 for advanced, 5-day training which will fully certify for complex curves
- Some applicants may bypass training if adequate previous training and experience can be demonstrated and documented. Certification fee must still be processed.
- Installers may bypass refresher training if they purchase 250m of film, or more, through the AFIN, and attest that they install that material successfully during the calendar year. If this does not occur, then to continue certification they attend mandatory 2-day ($1000) refresher training course.
Download the AFIN Membership Application here.